Friday, October 14, 2016
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Appleton Housing Authority
HOMEBUYER PROGRAM MANAGER
The Appleton Housing Authority is a non-profit corporation dedicated to building community through the provision of affordable housing opportunities and related support services that will enhance the lives of low to moderate income households.
The HomeBuyer Program Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the Homebuyer Program department to ensure that all clients in our single-family program receive excellent customer service and support for their new home purchase, sale or refinance.
COMPANY POLICY, PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT AND CORE VALUES
A. The Homebuyer Program Manager will adhere to company policy when making decisions, and performing all duties.
B. The Homebuyer Program Manager will conduct him/her self in a professional manner at all times including (but not limited to) the areas of personal appearance and communication (both written and verbal).
C. All employees will practice and respect our Core Values. Core values are enduring principles that do not change over time. They guide our actions and decision making every day:
v Provide quality customer service
v Maintain standards of integrity
v Foster the well-being of employees and co-workers, recognizing their contributions and treating them with respect
v Promote teamwork, trust and communication throughout the Agency.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
A. Processes, verifies and evaluates eligibility for home buyer financial down payment assistance and determines the eligibility of loans, properties, down payment and home rehab costs. Briefs applicants on requirement of program through classroom training.
B. Communicates with prospective and active lenders, informing them of program requirements, and code compliance associated with home purchase. Complete standard contracts and other documents required to complete the process of initiating home purchase and rehabilitations for clients.
C. Schedules and/or performs periodic inspections of prospective and participating properties to insure conformity with applicable housing codes and regulations. Complete inspection forms mandating required repairs, certify rehab reasonableness.
D. Prepare contracts, mortgage, promissory note, truth in lending statement and file documents with Register of Deeds.
E. Conducts data entry and computerized financial information. Prepares reports.
F. Properly file and manage all information relative to each individual participant file following state and local funding such as FHLB, HOME/HCRI & CDBG contract procedures and policies.
G. Answer inquiries concerning the Homebuyer Program in response to phone calls, letters, or direct walk-ins. Advertise and promote program as needed.
H. Qualify and maintain active list of contractors. Collects bids from contractors and review with property owners. Notifies contractors to begin, perform on-site inspections as needed to ensure quality work and compliance with the plans and specifications.
I. Approves payment requests of contractors after Lien Waiver signed.
J. Prepares status reports for submission to regulatory agencies.
K. Attend all implementation training as required by DOH or WHEDA and meet with staff on all scheduled monitoring visits. Close out the program per contract year.
L. Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and requirements governing the program.
M. Prepare grant applications deemed necessary to continue funding levels.
N. Serve as a resource and liaison with other area non-profit housing agencies.
O. Willingly perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Executive Director, including new housing programs and new directions which the Appleton Housing Authority may pursue.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
The HomeBuyer Program Manager receives limited supervision from the CEO. The HomeBuyer Program Manager may supervise one part time staff person.
Education and Experience:
Sufficient education, training, and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities which would typically be acquired through:
- Possession of 4-yr. college degree or applicable experience.
- Minimum 3 Years of directly related experience.
- Direct experience in implementation, development and/or management of federal, state or local housing programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some evenings.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to develop relationships for potential fund development opportunities is essential.
- Knowledge of homebuyer procedures and practices.
· Real estate financing helpful
· Home improvement repair/Writing specifications/Home inspections
· Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or individuals.
· Perform complex mathematical tasks.
· Maintain a well-organized work place.
· Be sensitive to the needs and concerns of low-income people and possess a commitment to affordable housing.
· Work on a schedule designed to meet the clients’ needs.
· Bi-Lingual: English/Spanish desirable but not necessary
Possession of Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess a vehicle, valid Wisconsin’s Driver’s License, and appropriate insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of fingers/Manual dexterity
- Lifting up to 25 lbs.
The following is required and must be emailed:
- Resume including salary history,
- Professional reference list with contact information.
- Cover letter that explains your interest in working for the AHA.
Health Insurance Plan, Dental, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. Pension plan. Salary DOE. No phone calls please. Send all materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Thursday, September 8, 2016
Please click here to see the September 2016 Meeting minutes. Also a reminder that John Fischer aka Dr Rent will be speaking on September 14th from 6-8 pm at UW-Extension office 625 E CR Y, Oshkosh. Please go to the UW-Extension website at http://winnebago.uwex.edu/ for registration or more details. Have a great September!